Tuesday 14 October 2014

Research: Robbie Cooper

Immersion by Robbie Cooper is a series of videos and stills looking into how people can become comfortable and immersed in their surroundings when distracting, for example, by playing video games.



I love how the concept of stillness is incorporated into this series of videos, as the subjects are all sat in the same place, sometimes for hours on end, playing a video game, however, time for them will pass so quickly it will feel like they have only been there for a few minutes. The shots that are presented in this series are something that I would like to capture (see below)


I love the way that there is an adequate amount of background around the subject, so that he is the sole subject in the shot but there is room to move our eyes and make sure that he is the centre of our attention. I would like to capture a shot like this in my work, based on Cooper's composition.


No comments:

Post a Comment