Tuesday 21 October 2014

Research: Christopher Nunn

Falling into the Day is a story about Nunn's friend David Blackburn and how he lives a life with dementia after being an accomplished artist for a number of years. He photographs items are his home between 2009-2011 and then in various care homes he has travelled to and from between 2011 and the present day. Nunn says "what began as a simple character study of an eccentric man and his quiet existence slowly became a story about living with dementia and the subtle deterioration of a creative mind during the last years of self-sufficiency and independence." I found his work to be my main inspiration into my work, as he photographs specific items that would usually jog someones memory, but doesn't jog Blackburn's memory. I plan to use simple shots like this in my video to represent my models loss of memory and how these little reminders can help keep people happy. The props I plan to use for this film are old photographs and a photo album, which both represent the concept of memory and stillness.







http://www.christophernunn.co.uk/fallingintotheday/0ikfafpm6p5f612k0p9gzamd2fzf1t

http://www.active-minds.co.uk/news/post/christopher-nunn-and-david-blackburn-documenting-dementia/#.VDusBa1dXow

No comments:

Post a Comment