Tuesday 28 October 2014

Research: Gregory Crewdson

After looking into Julia Perione's work on awkward facial expressions in young girls and how photography and video can be used to invade into peoples personal space, I decided to look at the work of Gregory Crewdson as it felt right to do so. A lot of Crewdson's work looks at people sat within their home, and makes it out like they don't know someone is watching. Although staged, I thought it was appropriate to examine his work based on the fact that my film will be staged. Gregory Crewdson works like a film producer, with a massive crew and the whole process taking hours to produce. I like the idea of making a set out of a home, and making certain things look as if they were meant to be there. As part of my video, I will need to "dress" the set of my film, by moving certain object so they are not in frame. For example, at my Nan's house there is a large clock next to the chair I will be using. For continuity reasons, I will need to move this, as having a clock in the back of my frame where the time will be changing significantly in every single shot would be distracting as well as unprofessional.



No comments:

Post a Comment