Monday 3 November 2014

First Draft Edit + Points to Consider



I have finished my first draft of my final video looking into dementia as an illness. I am happy with the beginning of the video but feel that the ending is too rushed. I feel like I need some space and extra footage inbetween the second and third cup of tea, because it seems to have started being made out of nowhere.

Here are the things I wish to change in my next edit:

1) Instrumental music over the beginning or audio of someone stirring a cup of tea/clock ticking
2) Playing with hands before she gets up to make the second cup of tea
3) Remove sound from where she is taking the tea bag out of the second cup of tea
4) Put clips of subject getting out of chair or looking alarmed before the third cup of tea has been made - jumps to quickly without need to
5) Change position of close up flicking through book, doesn't match
6) Add close up eyes after she throws the book to the floor
7) Make black patches smaller and more interesting
8) Add more footage of the clock at certain times paired with kettle clicking
9) Add end credit so that video doesn't come to an abrupt end

No comments:

Post a Comment