Monday 3 November 2014

Editing Process

I had used Premiere Pro before so I knew how to cut and change between clips and produce a simple video, however, it was a learning curve for me to be able to use video effects.


I began my video very abruptly in the first edit, so I decided to add a cross dissolve on the first clip so it faded in from the black space. This gave the video more of a clean feel and looked professional rather than starting very suddenly.


As you can see, the panic scene on this video has a lot of small, second long cuts that were over layered by the track of the clock ticking. I wanted to use the clock as reference to two features, that the clock shows how much time had been passing whilst she had been making cups of tea, and that that time was short, as well as the reference to how people with dementia are sometimes referred to as a 'ticking time bomb' before they become worse. I thought that this reference was really important to include in my video.


I finally decided to end my video with a fade to black, so again, the ending looked as professional as the beginning.

No comments:

Post a Comment